Mineralised Salt Licks For Stock
These are carefully formulated to immediately address mineral deficiencies and provide a cost effective and proven way to enhance animal condition.
- MMX: A blend of salt and minerals suitable for sheep, cattle, deer, horses and goats all year round.
- DXM: Similar to MMX but with extra added magnesium. Suitable for use all year round but particularly effective in Spring when pasture magnesium levels are lower. Ideal for dairy cows and ewes in lamb.
- DXM+: Similar to DXM but with extra added copper, zinc and iodine. Suitable for stock displaying severe signs of mineral deficiencies. Suitable as a boost for younger animals. Note: Some breeds of sheep have a lower tolerance of copper eg Texel.
- FODDER BEET: A blend of salt and minerals with the extra phosphorus required for cattle on fodder beet. Suitable for cattle only.
Points to remember
- Minerals should be in balance in the total diet.
- Animal mineral requirements depend on age, growth and production.
- An excess of certain minerals can cause as many problems as a deficiency.
- Symptoms of mineral deficiencies are often not specific for any one mineral. For example, ill-thrift, a rough hair coat or bone problems may result from a deficiency in any one of several minerals.
- Mineral deficiencies or excesses are not the only cause of performance problems in livestock.
- Although a mineral deficiency may induce a specific symptom, more common effects tend to be lower growth, lower milk production or reduced conception and birth rates.